The Tourism Policy of Bhutan
Bhutan’s tourism sector is regarded as one of the most exclusive travel destinations in the world. Bhutan enjoys a reputation for authenticity, remoteness and a well-protected cultural heritage and natural environment.
The Tourism Policy of Bhutan is based on a concept of “High Value & Low Impact”. Founded on the principle of sustainability, meaning that tourism must be environmentally and ecologically friendly, socially and culturally acceptable and economically viable
The Royal Government of Bhutan recognizes that tourism is a world-wide phenomenon and an important means of achieving socioeconomic development particularly for a developing country like Bhutan. It believes that tourism, in affording the opportunity to travel, can help to promote a deeper understanding among people and to strengthen ties of friendship based on a deeper appreciation and respect for different cultures and lifestyles.
Towards achieving this objective, the Royal Government, has adopted a very cautious approach to growth and development of the tourism industry in Bhutan. Its tremendous potential as a truly indigenous industry and the clear comparative advantages Bhutan enjoys, are compelling reasons to promote Bhutan as a high-end tourist destination in a manner which accords with the tenets of Gross National Happiness.
Bhutan Thori Tours is a licensed tour operator as certified by the Tourism Council of Bhutan, and the Association of Bhutanese Tourism Operators.
Minimum Daily Tariff
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan. The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
- USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
SURCHARGES are applicable to tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less, in addition to the minimum daily package rates. These are as follows:
- Single individual – US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
- Single room occupancy – US$ 50 per day
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal land transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
Booking Fees will be provided within your quote and may be discounted for groups larger than 15 persons.
+975 1741 1991 or
+975 7730 4967
+61 408 609 629